2020 was a tumultuous year – social distancing and remote work has changed the way we look at securing a company and their employees. 2020 was also the year of cybersecurity breaches – in many markets we saw as much as a 400% increase in breach activity.
Breaches are reminders that nobody is immune to being hacked, regardless of company size or industry. Additionally, it presents a pivotal opportunity for you to ensure your customers are properly protected from threats.
Actions that Tech Data Partners can take to support their customers:
- Channel partners can begin the security journey with their customers by offering Risk Assessments. Tech Data provides several risk assessment services that can help your customer uncover potential threat vectors.
- Recommend that your customers adopt a Zero Trust strategy: Zero Trust is a strategic initiative that helps prevent successful data breaches by eliminating the concept of trust from an organization’s network architecture.
- You should also encourage your customers to adopt a Defense in Depth/layered security strategy: Defense in Depth (DiD) is an approach to cybersecurity in which a series of defensive mechanisms are layered in order to protect valuable data and information.
- Implementing Tech Data Security vendors solutions can also help establish a layered security strategy with end-point vendors like Symantec, Trend Micro and Carbon Black, and Data Security vendors like Checkpoint, Kaspersky and Fortinet. There are many other areas of security to consider, explore and recommend to your customers.
- Encourage your customers to leverage threat intelligence like Tech Data ISAO Threat Feed. ISAO Threat Feed is a very different type of threat intelligence feed. Your customer can leverage this tool to utilize the security devices and mechanisms they have in place to alert when signs of infections or breaches occur on their networks. Best of all, Tech Data ISAO Threat Feed leverages automation to deliver threat intelligence within seconds instead of weeks – all directly into their security devices.
- Offer your customer Incident Response services. Tech Data Incident Response (IR) services helps ensure that your customers have the right capabilities in place to effectively respond to cyber threats. IR Services include plan development, readiness review assessments and emergency services for enterprise, mid-market and small business.
Need Help? Call the experts! Tech Data partners that need support and guidance on these efforts can reach out to email@example.com with questions. Click here for a formatted pdf of this article.
About the Author
Chris DesRosiers serves as Director, Security Solution Sales for Tech Data. In this role, he is responsible for growing the sales of security solutions through the Tech Data partner ecosystem. Chris has nearly 30 years of experience in the technology sector with a national systems integrator, where he helped build successful MSP practices.