Opportunity is knocking – channel resellers are answering the door
A recent IDC survey found that businesses have varying interest drivers with respect to IoT spending in 2021 as compared to 2020 (after adjusting for the pandemic).
IoT, data and AI represent the single largest opportunity in the marketplace today. IDC predicts these solutions will generate more than $100 billion in net new revenue in the next three years. What would it mean to your business if you were better positioned to expand market share and take advantage of this opportunity?
Good news! Tech Data is here to help. Tech Data’s award-winning Practice Builder methodology enables channel partners to deliver outcome-driven, ready-made, repeatable solutions faster. Partners, now armed with new enablement tools, can parlay it by leveraging the solutions in Tech Data’s Solutions Catalog. More on this in a moment …
There is tremendous value and ROI opportunity for partners who invest their time participating in Practice Builder. We position you to articulate the true business value of IoT to your install base. Let’s discuss our new Digital Practice Builder offering as well as our Solutions Catalog in more detail.
Step #1: New Digital Practice Builder Delivery Mechanism
For more than 10 years, Tech Data has been helping partners to build next gen technology and vertical led practices leveraging our award-winning Practice Builder methodology. Our consultants shepherd resellers thru a step-by-step approach helping them rapidly and affordably develop and deploy IoT solutions. Partners are then better prepared to respond to the marketplace’s growing demand for IoT and data solutions.
Tech Data has been successfully delivering this methodology via in-person and virtual workshops in both a 1:1 and 1:many formats. Most recently Tech Data has launched Digital Practice Builder – an online self-serve version of our award-winning Practice Builder methodology made available to partners on a complimentary basis. This self-paced completely digital accelerated enablement offering is designed to enable or expand partners ability to sell IoT and data solutions.. Partner reps may now consume the same content and enablement we have previously only delivered in live workshops or 1:1 on demand. Here’s how it works:
- Step One: Assess your own readiness and solution capability by completing our online assessment. By using this tool, we can both gain a better understanding of your current IoT maturity and assess your capability to sell IoT solutions.
- Step Two: Upon successfully completing the assessment, Tech Data recommend the best IoT solutions for your business. To help partners choose the best solution, Tech Data uses the three levels as a guide.
- Starter: Fundamental technology knowledge and basic industry acumen is required for selling IoT.
- Transformer: Solution providers should be versed in the industry per the identified solution use case.
- Accelerator: Accelerator solutions are best suited for solution providers that have an existing IoT repeatable offer and/or a mature knowledge of IoT & Analytics technologies.
- Step Three: Choose your solution(s) from our Solution Catalog. Beyond your assessed capability level, consider existing industry expertise, vendor relationships and opportunities to grow your cloud business with solution(s) that increase cloud consumption. Our Solution Catalog includes vetted, market ready solution.. Here, we have removed the complexity of aggregating and vetting multi-vendor solutions, increasing your agility and speed to market.
Next, partners download our business accelerator tool and access a series of self-service modules enabling partners to develop their own strategies preparing them to sell their chosen IoT solution(s). Within Digital Practice Builder, Tech Data has created complimentary resources for your use that align with the core pillars upon which Tech Data has built its Practice Builder methodology: Strategy development, Training and enablement, Marketing, Services and Sales execution.
Step #2: Tech Data’s Solutions Catalog
During a recent presentation to Tech Data’s IoT/Data Solutions team an IDC representative opined that 2021 will be the year of multi-vendor multi-partner solutions. Tech Data offers a complete set of aggregated solutions to help channel partners transition from their Practice Builder work and begin taking the benefits of IoT solutions to their customers. We believe our Solution Catalog is a key competitive differentiator for Tech Data across the channel and a key enablement offering for our partners. The offerings in our Solutions Catalog are developed using Tech Data’s Solution Factory methodology, which incorporates a rigorous vetting process in which solutions are cross-checked with a reference architecture and then undergo testing, and customer-centric use case repeatability identification.
Our Solutions Catalog is currently comprised of approximately 60 solutions spanning the following four verticals:
- Healthcare (telehealth, multi-clinic consolidation, compliance requirements and patient experience)
- Industrial (manufacturing operations, smart buildings, transportation & logistics and energy monitoring and management)
- Retail (supply chain, personalization & localization, omni-channel operations and marketing)
- Smart Cities (public safety & surveillance, connected transit, education services and environmental monitoring)
Click here to access Tech Data’s online Solutions Catalog and learn more about how we bring scale to IoT and Analytics.
Additionally, in direct response to the pandemic, Tech Data added COVID response solutions. This supplemental catalog is currently comprised of approximately 20 solutions spanning the following use cases:
- Social distancing
- Workplace safety
- Remote student/worker
Click here to access Tech Data’s online Covid Solutions Catalog.
Hopefully you now have a better understanding of how Tech Data enables partners to accelerate time to market with scalable, repeatable, market-ready solutions aligned to specific vertical use cases. As you work your way thru our Digital Practice Builder experience, you will experience first-hand that whether your customer base is seeking IoT or Analytics services, Tech Data is positioning you to become a trusted advisor to your customer base. Whether customers are seeking a specific solution, or you uncover business pain points organically, our methodology and catalogs can help you enable your customers and increase market share.
Resellers can choose to start small and then grow to accommodate the needs of your own customers. To streamline entry, options include focusing on:
- One specific vertical (Healthcare, Industrial, Retail and Smart Cities)
- A couple specific solutions that align with your existing business
- Adopting solutions from vendors with which you are already aligned
Ready to get started? We invite you to take our complimentary assessment to better understand your current business and identify areas for IoT growth and improvement. If you would like to speak with someone on our team about the IoT/Data Solutions Practice Builder Program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to learn more. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
About the Author
Jeremy Packer is a vendor marketing manager and content strategist in Tech Data’s IoT/Data Solutions practice. He is primarily responsible for developing marketing campaigns that help vendors leverage MDF to drive channel preference and pipeline. Additionally, he supports the IoT team across many of its content distribution platforms including www.iot.techdata.com and its social media pages. Jeremy has been at Tech Data since 2018 and boasts more than 20 years of professional experience spanning the digital marketing stack.