As organizations begin to look toward building out their modern data centers, more and more are investing in server virtualization, modern storage applications and cloud-based services. However, businesses are also facing new demands from end-users including access to data and applications 24/7/365, the struggle with downtime or data loss, and getting a grasp on the exponential data growth and how to keep that data secure.
This opens an availability gap between the requirements of an always-on infrastructure, and IT’s ability to effectively deliver availability. In fact, 82% of CIOs say there is a gap between the level of availability they provide and what end users demand.
Recently announced, Avnet Technology Solutions has expanded its distribution agreement with Veeam®Software, the innovative provider of solutions that deliver Availability for the Modern Data Center™ in order to help bridge that availability gap. Specifically, Avnet will now offer its solution provider partners in the U.S. and Canada Veeam availability solutions. This expands upon the existing distribution relationship between Avnet and Veeam in Europe.
Veeam is a key component in many converged infrastructure solutions, providing vital backup,disaster recovery and virtualization management capabilities to enable the Always-on Business™. Combining Veeam’s products and Avnet’s market-proven expertise, these offerings will allow channel partners to more effectively address their customers’ business needs.
Veeam is one of the primary virtual machine backup and replication solutions for VMware, while Avnet is the only Veeam distributor to have Cisco, EMC, HP, NetApp and VMware together on its line card. Key benefits of Veeam-based availability solutions include:
- High-speed recovery to enable aggressive recovery time objectives (RTOs) and the rapid recovery of data in the required form.
- Data-loss avoidance with near continuous data protection and streamlined disaster recovery to avoid data loss by enabling very low recovery point objectives (RPOs) and facilitating off-site data protection.
- Verified protection to enable every file, application or virtual server to be reliably restored when needed – ensuring business resiliency through automated backup and disaster recovery testing.
- Leveraged data for application deployment, configuration changes and other testing scenarios.
- Complete visibility of the backup environment and virtual infrastructure using proactive monitoring and alerting tools to discover and receive alerts for issues and potential problems before they can significantly impact operations.
“The addition of Veeam Software to Avnet’s portfolio in the U.S. and Canada will enable our partners to offer their customers a deeper level of protection and availability in the critical areas of backup and recovery,” said Sergio Farache, vice president, Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas, Solutions and Strategy group. “Avnet’s expanded relationship with Veeam significantly enhances our converged infrastructure capabilities. Our partners will be able to capitalize on Avnet’s unique position as a distributor of Cisco, HP, NetApp and VMware, to develop Cisco UCS®, FlexPod and Vblock – the converged infrastructure solutions that include Veeam’s complementary software technology.”
Avnet and Veeam at VMworld 2015 US
From August 30 to September 3, 2015, Veeam will be highlighting its solution offerings at VMworld 2015 US at the Moscone Center in San Francisco (booth #913). Veeam is a Platinum-level sponsor of the event. Avnet is an exhibitor-level sponsor of the event and will feature its solutions in booth #2613.