This week, Tech Data launched our Practice Builder methodology designed to accelerate growth for solution providers in next-generation technology areas, including cloud, security, IoT, analytics and mobility.
In an economy that is rapidly changing and moving toward digitization, every company needs to innovate to remain competitive. Whether it’s utilizing analytics to create unique value and engagement, accelerating your time to market through cloud computing or managing security risk demands, solution providers need to be able to provide expertise and deliver on next-generation technologies to support these needs.
The Tech Data Practice Builder methodology builds on our investment and dedication to SolutionsPath, our comprehensive methodology to help solutions providers focused on developing expertise in vertical industries including healthcare, financial services, retail, energy and government. The practice builder methodology identifies how technology is tied to business needs and enables our solutions providers to expand their reach to the business technology buyers. “By 2020, IDC expects the line of business technology spending to be nearly equal to that of the IT organization”. This trend is prompting solution providers to shift their selling strategy, they must not only sell to their traditional audience of IT buyers, but they also need to understand the demands of the line of business leaders. We provide the training and enablement to help our channel partners become thought leaders and approach their customers with strategies, not point products to become more relevant with the lines of business.
Entering these next-generation technology areas can be challenging and costly for solution providers. Due to this, Tech Data is enabling and working hand in hand with our channel partners to deliver on the future with continued investment in resources, skills and enablement. Our Practice Builder methodology eliminates the guesswork and minimizes the risk and costs for channel partners who are looking to make one or more of these technology areas a strategic part of their business models.
Tech Data’s Practice Builder methodology comprises five key phases to facilitate success:
- Strategy Development – Reviews current business and recommends the best ways to move forward using detailed roadmaps of the path to success.
- Training and Enablement – Maps out training opportunities and affords those employees on the front lines the ability to get the certifications and training they need to provide the best possible service to their customers.
- Marketing – Ensures the development of an integrated marketing strategy through a variety of proven methods to help drive new business.
- Services – This phase examines service delivery opportunities, from pre-sales to managed services, to ensure the organization is staffed to deliver a seamless customer experience—either by using their own services resources or by incorporating the benefits of the several white-labeled services from Tech Data.
- Sales Execution – This phase focuses on recommending the right tools and support activities to help the organization successfully execute on its strategy.
As part of the dedicated team who supports and delivers this methodology, I can tell you that we are ready to empower the channel. It’s important to invest in our channel partners who want to develop next-generation strategies with the right portfolio of go-to-market solutions to deliver on the future. For faster acceleration, our Practice Builder program can be combined with our vertical industry solutions approach to provide even greater differentiation while solving for business needs and deliver a better return on investment.
The Practice Builder offering, which provides a unique and specialized approach for each technology area, is now available to Tech Data customers in the U.S. and Canada. Please reach out to your Tech Data sales representative to learn more about Practice Builder.
Written by Lisa McGarvey, Practice Builder leader and SolutionsPath consultant, Tech Data
Lisa is a SolutionsPath Consultant and the lead for the financial services vertical and Practice Builder at Tech Data, Advanced Solutions, Americas. She is a champion for solution selling focused on business needs and digital transformation. Lisa is responsible for the strategic direction and growth of resellers through Practice Builder which includes the development and execution of business plans for resellers and vendors focused on driving emerging technologies within vertical industries.