We have made three exciting enhancements to StreamOne, the platform that powers Tech Data’s award-winning Cloud Solutions Store. We released the enhancements to ensure the global platform performs even more efficiently as you learn, buy and manage your cloud subscriptions.
First, we have redesigned the checkout process. It is now easier than ever for resellers to complete their orders and ensure timely delivery. We have implemented color coding to help guide users as they navigate through placing an order.
The next major enhancement focuses on the Microsoft Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP) program. Tech Data has completed further integration with Microsoft to ensure timely delivery of CSP subscriptions. New validation steps have been introduced along with additional automation to ensure that Microsoft CSP-specific data is validated before order completion. This enhancement will reduce errors and the need for manual intervention. Key details regarding this update include:
- Microsoft Partner ID (MPN ID) verification at checkout and in the reseller profile, which enables users to see the MPN ID associated with the customer and provides the ability to change it before placing the order with Microsoft—a great time-saver!
- Additional email validation text box to confirm the proper email address is entered. This is an additional step, but it will help reduce typos and ensure communications are received the first time.
- StreamOne now includes the following domain validations:
- Verify the new domain entered is available with Microsoft
- Ensure the domain format entered is valid for Microsoft
- Load all active domains from The Partner Center into the reseller’s CSP configuration page during checkout
- Validate the Microsoft Advisor, Open or trial account is available for transfer
You can also now easily move your Microsoft Advisor, Open or trial accounts to the Microsoft CSP program, reducing administrative burden when migrating existing customers to the Microsoft CSP program. During the checkout process, resellers will be prompted to enter the primary domain they wish to transfer. Upon entry, StreamOne will immediately validate whether the domain is available to transfer and once confirmed, the order is submitted and provisioning will be completed automatically. This change will reduce the need for manual intervention and provide resellers real-time access to their licenses.
To learn more about StreamOne, please visit www.techdatacloud.com/powerthecloud
About the Author
Laura Vanassche is currently a Marketing Strategist for Tech Data, where she helps cloud and software partners in the IT channel access vendor and distribution resources. Tech Data is Tech Data is one of the world’s largest distributors of technology products, services, and solutions. Learn more at www.TechData.com