The “As-a-Service” label has become a common way to describe technology in the cloud arena, with software-as-a-service and infrastructure-as-a-service leading the pack. But one area that is starting to see traction is Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS). DaaS is all of your desktop apps and infrastructure, conveniently streamed to all of your client’s devices via a cloud service provider. It’s a sector that’s expected to grow by 27 percent each year until at least 2020, according to RnR Market Research.
Virtualizing desktop technology has been around for a while, but was traditionally handled on premise, via a localized data center to supply virtualized desktop infrastructure (VDI) to end users. This provided the ease of convenience of a virtualized desktop environment, but with the added costs of specialized IT skills and the in- house investment needed for deployment.
Though DaaS has many applications, many businesses have yet to leverage its capabilities. Here are five advantages to Daas to share with your customers as the need arises:
- Pay-as-you-Go - Turn the capital expenses of build outs and break fixes into monthly recurring revenue that can be scaled for your customer as needed. You can easily add DaaS to your portfolio of cloud service subscriptions.
- BYOD friendly - As bringing your own device (BYOD) continues to grow, DaaS complements the BYOD population by allowing employees to access their workplace desktop through any browser on any device.
- Mobility – With the rise of geographically diverse workplaces, DaaS is perfect for telecommuters and a remote workforce who are usually accessing their desktop on multiple devices. A key advantage of DaaS is the ability to provide a consistent user experience from device to device, regardless of brand.
- Security- Because your data resides in the cloud and not on individual devices, customer data and intellectual property are safe from theft and lax security practices.
- Convenience - DaaS is simple to roll out and can be done with minimal hardware expense, as most clients utilize a thin client type endpoint to remote into a VDI or a cloud service.
How to Offer DaaS as a Solution to Your Customer
Remember, your customers are looking to you to be their trusted advisor when implementing new services and technologies. DaaS is perfect for small to medium-sized organizations, the mobile workforce, and organizations that need to be dynamic and flexible. DaaS is another recurring business model to grow and enhance your profitability.
TDCloud has an extensive line card of cloud solutions. They also have a team of cloud sales specialists, along with the Tech Data Cloud Marketplace, which is powered by our StreamOne platform, to enable you to grow your cloud business and increase your profits.
To learn more about DAAS solutions, TD Cloud, and our other TDCloud offerings, please contact a cloud specialist at 800-237-8931, ext. 87663 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.